UPMC Nurse Internships — Applications Open for Summer 2020
Friday, Nov 1, 2019
12:00am – 12:00am
Does the idea of being a part of Life Changing Medicine inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to put into practice what you’ve learned during nursing school? Would you love the opportunity to learn from a trained preceptor in a 1-on-1 environment? If so, UPMC’s Student Nurse Internship Program might be the perfect way to spend your Summer of 2020! At UPMC, we pride ourselves on developing young talent and providing you an opportunity to learn from the best of the best. We want to invest in the future life changers of our organization… YOU!
How to Apply
- Visit careers.upmc.com
- Search “Student Nurse Intern”
- Application Deadline: November 1st
About the Program
UPMC’s Student Nurse Internship (SNI) Program is a 10-week paid summer internship. An internship in Nursing at UPMC will give you experience engaging with some of the most important pieces of our business… our patients! SNIs have an opportunity to:
- Work directly with a trained preceptor… 1-on-1! This is an amazing opportunity to build a relationship with your preceptor and see first-hand a day in the life of a nurse at UPMC!
- Participate in supplementary educational sessions to continue your learning journey
- Build your confidence as a future nurse
- Work at one hospital on an assigned unit (assignment shared at time of offer)
- Shadow! We know this experience is all about learning, and we want to help you find your sweet spot to start your nursing career at UPMC, so there are plenty of opportunities for shadow experiences (you may just be surprised at what you enjoy the most!).
- Work up to 40 hours/week (Note: SNIs follow their preceptor’s schedule.)
During your internship program, you will have the opportunity to network with UPMC Nursing Leadership, learn about system-wide opportunities, give back to the community, receive mentorship, and most importantly, make an impact on patient care and Life Changing Medicine. And, of course, have a little bit of fun too!
- Currently enrolled in an Associates or BSN nursing program with an expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021 required (Note: You must have completed at least your junior year or equivalent at the time of the SNI Program.)
- Attendance at SNI Program Orientation required (May 20-21)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- BSN students preferred
- Preference will be given to those students wanting to pursue a nursing career at UPMC upon graduation
- Availability to participate in the SNI Program full-time from May to July 2020 for approximately 10 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)